If you are a writer who wants to publish a book, there are two methods to go about doing this: self-publishing and traditional publishing. The internet had made self-publishing easier than it has ever been. Depending on many different factors though, you may decide to go the traditional publishing route.
Pros of Traditional Publishing
- No upfront cost to publish your book.
- Opportunities to have your put sold in bookstores nationwide due to publisher prestige.
- They take care of marketing and promotion
- They already have a team of professionals available to you to help you finish your book.
- You may be offered an advance.
Cons of Traditional Publishing
- Traditional publishing is often a slow process.
- You as the author don’t have as much creative control.
- Traditional publishing royalties are often lower than self-publishing royalties.
- You have to sign a lot of the rights to your work over to the publisher.